Seoul Once Again Urges Pyeongyang to Take Back 27 North Koreans
SOUTH KOREA, Mar 09, 2011 (KATAKAMI.COM) —- The South Korean government has once again called on North Korea to take back 27 of the North Koreans who drifted into South Korean waters on a fishing boat last month.
As reported by Arirang News on Wednesday, Seoul’s Red Cross said it sent another message to its northern counterpart Tuesday afternoon, informing Pyeongyang of its intention to repatriate the 27 people, and not the four who expressed their wish to remain in the South.
The message went on to say that while Seoul is determined to respect the wishes of the four, it is willing to meet with the North’s Red Cross to confirm their decision in a fair and objective manner.
To this, North Korea said the South’s rejection to bring the four defectors to the border just highlights the fact that the defections are fabricated calling it an act of abduction. (*)